Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kimee's First Dance (Homecoming)




By the end of September, most of Kimee’s friends had been asked to the dance and she was starting to feel depressed that she was not going to be asked. At about 9:30 pm on the last day of September, the doorbell rang. There was no one there, just a large container of fortune cookies for Kimee with a note on it that said, “You will enjoy a wonderful time in the near future if you join me for Homecoming. It will be in your good fortune to find out who invited you!” Kimee was so excited that she was almost bouncing off the walls. She had to open almost all the cookies to find the name “Jonathan McDonald.” Then she started jumping up and down, saying how cool and cute Jonathan was.

She stayed up late that night and found and printed out a graphic of the Chinese Zodiac. She wrote yes on the back, cut it up into puzzle pieces, and the next morning hid the pieces in Brother Chang’s (a seminary teacher at the high school) classroom. Brother Chang, who is Jonathan’s seminary teacher, called him to his room during lunch to find the pieces.

Kimee found and fell in love with a dress at Modest By Design. Then of course we had to get her hair highlighted, her nails done, go jewelry shopping, and order the boutineer. Kimee was so beautiful for her first dance, a lovely princess! She had a great time, and her prince even brought her home by midnight!


5 comments:

karen louise said...

Kimee you are beautiful! I wish I could have seen you in person that night!

Julie said...

Wow! Kimee you look so beautiful. You look like a queen. Go to as many dances as you can. They are fun. Mic goes to every one, and I'm sure Parker will too. He gets to go to prom this year. Holy COW! Everyone is growing up way too fast. You guys need to stay young so we do. I hope you had a really fun time. Love ya

Joni said...

Kimmie you look amazing! I'm sure you had a great time! I love, love, love your dress!!! And the guy you went with is way cute!!

Joni said...

ok kimee sorry i spelled your name wrong!

Shorty said...

Kimee!,Your night finally came! And, wow that dress looks so awesome on you! And, your hair is beautiful! What a cute guy! I bet you had so much fun!!!!!!! I love you so very much!!! Love, Grandma T