Friday, March 20, 2009

Grandpa Gary and Grandma Shelley are …



EXCITED about our new granddaughter, Liliana Elizabeth Owens! She was born on March 19, 2009, at 11:46 am. She weighed in at 6 lbs 12 oz and was 21” long. Dawn had a very long, 18+ hour labor that resulted in a C-section. Despite the hard time Liliana had coming into the world, she is a perfect, beautiful baby! Check out her gobs of dark hair! Derek and Dawn will be wonderful parents, and Derek is already getting proficient at changing diapers!



Gary and I have often lamented how we wish we could have our tiny babies back for a day; we so miss those days of three little boys running around with a little baby sis to tease. Now we get to have the chance to have our wish granted by having grandchildren! Liliana is just so cute that you just want to squeeze her! What a sweet little baby girl!



Everyone keeps asking me how it feels to be a grandma. On the one hand, there are no words to describe how it feels to see your son become a father and your daughter-in-law to become a mother. It’s just absolutely amazing how life has brought us to this point. On the other hand, the “Grandma” title is definitely going to take some getting used to so that I don’t feel so old! How did I get to be this old anyway? The old stereotype of the little white-haired lady in the kitchen making cookies has got to go. In its place I’ll be the spiky-haired cool grandma with a yellow Jeep who CAN make cookies if the store has run out ;-)






5 comments:

Jana Whetton said...

Well now you got to change the score Ambree says. Its 5 to 4 now! She is so cute and I am glad that all is going great. Nothing sweeter then a sweet new blessing from heaven. Congrats grandma and grandpa and aunty Kimee!

karen louise said...

She is sooo adorable! Congratulations, Shelley & Gary!!! I'm so excited for you. Her little tiny features are adorable and that thick black hair is so cute! You are going to be awesome grandparents!

Joni said...

I'm so excited for you all! She is so adorable!! You will be wonderful Grandparents!! Spoil her rotten!

Shorty said...

What a beautiful baby girl! I'm so proud to be her great-grandma, although that title scares me every time I hear it! And, it's so unbelieveable that our daughter is a grandmother!!!! And, what a wonderful grandmother she will be! We love this sweet little Liliana!!!!

Julie said...

Hey Grandma! Congrats! You are going to be GREAT Grandparents! She is so cute and so little. She had an owens face when she yawned yesterday. Derek is so going to be a great Dad. He is so proud and can't stop smiling. He talks and talks about her and all the little things she does. I've never heard Derek talk so much. Spoil her tons.